Today we’d like to introduce you to Shanelle Jacobs.
Hi Shanelle, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
I always loved photography and I wanted to take the class in High school but I never got the chance to. It wasn’t until a year after I started to teach myself and kind of play around with it. After sometime of capturing Nature photography, I realized I wanted to try portrait photography and also to find more people with a love of photography. I found streetmeet through Instagram. My first meet made me fall more in love with photography opened a whole new world for me. From there, I was able gain more experience to feel comfortable to start creating my own projects and ideas. After seven years, I have worked on continue to grow in the field.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
It hasn’t been a smooth road. I had to learn a lot about asking what I worth and not cutting myself just so I can have the paying gig. I learned that I don’t have to also over-work or say yes to every session. I realized I was saying yes to so many things that I wasn’t taking care of myself or putting the time I use to into my work so my work in the last few years haven’t been my best but I also learning that some projects just need to take more time.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your work?
I am a photographer, filmmaker, and screenwriter. I am mainly known for my photography and I slowly growing my portfolio for filmmaking and screenwriting.
Risk taking is a topic that people have widely differing views on – we’d love to hear your thoughts.
I believe to be a creator you have to be willing to take risks since that’s only way that you can get to create exactly what you want. I personal try to take certain risks by making a plan and understanding any consequences that may come with it. With risks, you have to be willing to accept the consequences that may come with it.
- $ 450 – 1-2 Hour Session 10-15 edits Light Retouching Included The option of purchase of raw images 1-2 out Best for Headshots, Lifestyle
- $650 – 2-3 Hour Session 10-15 edits Light Retouching included The option of purchase of raw images 1-2 outfits Best for Portraits, Boudoir
- $950 – 3-4 Hour Session 15-20 edits Light Retouching included 3 outfits The option of purchase of raw images Best for Family photos, Couples
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.shanelleshootsraw.com
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/shanelleshoots.raw
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShanelleJacobsPhotography
Miyah Miche Claire Anderson Meredithe Ettrich Khanom Naomi Venerable