Today we’d like to introduce you to Aleah, Shabrea, and Tymia.
Hi Aleah, Shabrea, and Tymia, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
Fairytale Glo is owned and operated by Aleah age 9, Shabrea age 15, and Tymia age 11. During the pandemic, Shabrea started to think of ways the girls could contribute to the household financially. Mostly in part to take some of the stress off of her older sister, Aleah’s mom, who is also Shabrea and Tymia’s guardian.
All of the girls loved watching makeup tutorials and practicing with each other. They decided on a lip gloss business. When they told Aleah’s mom about their idea she told them she would only invest if they could prove they were serious. The girls went to work planning, researching, and learning what they would need to start their very own business. They wrote out an actual business plan and went back to “The Investor”.
Aleah’s mom was so proud of their determination that she agreed to help. The girls formulated the perfect natural lipglosses by hand. The girls hope to expand their business soon and offer additional beauty and makeup products. Today Fairytale Glo is continuously growing to gather a following along the way on several different social media platforms.
We all face challenges, but looking back would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
Owning a business at such a young age was very difficult for us in the beginning. We learned very quickly that a lot of time goes into running our own business.
We struggled with managing our time properly between school, chores, fun, and our business. Although we enjoy making our own lipglosses, we had to go through several different failed batches before formulating our signature formula.
We also struggled with keeping up with our social media and staying consistent with posting new content daily.
Luckily, we’ve come a long way and are glad we invested the time and worked hard to find ways to be better at these things.
Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know?
Aleah, Shabrea, and Tymia are the inspiring young minds behind Fairytale Glo cosmetics. This Black-owned business is on a mission to empower others through entrepreneurship.
The trio’s hard work and dedication are evident in their high-quality handmade products. Each lip gloss is made with natural ingredients and provides a long-lasting shine.
Fairytale Glo currently offers an array of lipglosses in several different colors and flavors. If nothing else they want nothing more than to show other little girls that they are capable of doing anything they put their minds to.
Who else deserves credit in your story?
Our biggest supporter has been Shakaira from the start. She is Aleah’s mom and the older sister of Tymia and me.
My sister not only became our guardian and gave us a better life she supports us in everything we do.
She’s invested in Fairytale Glo with her time, money, resources, and guidance. She taught us that if we worked hard and stayed focused we could accomplish anything.
- Lipglosses range from $5-7 dollars currently.
- Website: Fairytaleglo.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fairytaleglo_/
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=104880978289642&ref=content_filter
- Other: https://www.tiktok.com/@fairytaleglogirls?_d=secCgYIASAHKAESPgo8T2N4M64pTCfT8WJBSUjopzRpEYtLvtDvojXdtCtcBp2I3%2BH3TCwZ2%2FDQ4VXzLSE6JXVmYQBKlwy%2FHTN3GgA%3D&checksum=42615759f7a03a6ab3d3027964f6de89da82b1803591ef667b0e46848e8a2cc3&language=en&sec_uid=MS4wLjABAAAAlA2WYeQCKmuMMR_O6pJf0qsyMHy3twgX0824hi5vWDmXg02AykQJDj23pWFKF0C0&sec_user_id=MS4wLjABAAAAlA2WYeQCKmuMMR_O6pJf0qsyMHy3twgX0824hi5vWDmXg02AykQJDj23pWFKF0C0&share_app_id=1233&share_author_id=6923410001025565701&share_link_id=F2E98D92-76F3-44B8-8EBB-2CC72ED508BC&tt_from=copy&u_code=dgl72923da4f3j&user_id=6923410001025565701&utm_campaign=client_share&utm_medium=ios&utm_source=copy&source=h5_m&_r=1