Today we’d like to introduce you to Ryan Cooper.
Hi Ryan, please kick things off for us with an introduction to yourself and your story.
I’ve bartended for a long time here in the city, opened several bars in Federal Hill and then came to Canton. The pandemic came along but there was an opportunity here, so we took a chance. We started out as carry out only which kinda got us a following just for our food. Then when we were allowed to open up for inside dining, people came back for the food and got to know our bartenders and such. We love that we’ve gotten to know the neighborhood-we feel like an extension of our neighbor’s living rooms.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
The pandemic obstacles have been the toughest, but our clientele is awesome and understanding that we’re not the ones making the rules. We had a big demand for outside seating, so we quickly got in picnic tables to expand our patio seating.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your business?
We’re a great neighborhood bar and one of the few Irish Pubs in the city that serves traditional Irish fare. We carry a good selection of Irish whiskey, too. We’re extremely proud of the quality of our food and the friendliness of our staff.
- Happy Hour 4-7pm M-F: $3 Guinness Blondes, $3 Select Drafts, $6 Crushes, $5 House Wine, $5 Rails Happy Hour Food: $5 Brussel Sprouts, $5 Mac n Cheese, $5 Poutine, $5 Single Egg Roll, $7 Tenders and Fries, $12 Egg Roll Combo, $8 1/2 lb Steamed Shrimp, $13 lb Steamed Shrimp
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://thecantonlocal.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecantonlocal/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecantonlocal
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-canton-local-baltimore